Thursday, January 22, 2015

Somewhere

For this week's  3 Word Wednesday where the prompts are amicable, friolous and unrefined. Also for Sunday Scribblings 2 where the theme is 'Lost in her own thoughts'



I know not what happened. Last time we wandered along the shore she was skipping, running, jumping. The laughter we shared still rings in my ears. Usually she is frivolous, seeming never to have a serious thought in her head. And unrefined at times too, but those unexpected bursts are what make her endearing, funny, even more amicable. Today the beach is the same, the sea is the same. Only she is different.


She sits and stares 
unfocused eyes swimming to the horizon 
gazing into infinity



No sign of tears 
her expressionless face an empty canvas 
a sea of pallor 

I look into her eyes 
I see nothing but a swirling mist of grey 
that sparkle gone 

I try to ask her why 
a cloud of despair envelopes her 
she hears me not 

But I will wait 
I’ll stay by her side for as long as it takes 
for her to return 

But for now 
she inhabits a sorrowful place of her own 
Somewhere 

I know not where 





Picture by  BLOoDyPaRaDiZe at deviantART

6 comments:

  1. Kieth i agree somtime the poetry appears as prose, and you just have to hang in there and polish it into a poem, and yes its not an easy process

    this one though made me smile (◕‿◕。)

    Happy you dropped in at my blog

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be unreachable is worse than to be crying...we can only hope that patiently sitting by we can be there when those who are lost come back to shore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing, Jae Rose...it's so difficult when you want to help someone but you can't quite get to them.

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed the prose, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just being there for them is important. They will not be thinking in your time but theirs, don't hurry them to talk or come home then hopefully they will know it is safe and that you care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully sad... I love the way you did this piece.

    ReplyDelete